Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Back again

Well, I let this blog slide into disuse for almost two years. I've decided to try and get back to it. My life has changed a lot since my last post. I am now a mother. I gave birth to my daughter CoolKitten in July, 2008. I decided to take some time off work and am staying home with my baby. I thought that this would give me lots of time to work on creative projects. I even bought some paints and fixed my viola to prepare for my time off. I've learned that it's pretty hard to do anything with a little infant in the house. A day goes by and it seems like I haven't done anything, but really I've been working hard taking care of the baby all day. However, I do accomplish some things, and I think that if I get this blog rolling again, it will encourage me to try and set aside time for self-development.

Here's my plan. Coolkitten has developed a sleep cycle that requires a morning nap and an afternoon nap. Generally, I need to nap with her in the afternoon because she is still waking me up at night. So I am going to reserve the morning nap time for myself. I am going to try and accomplish one hour of self-development per day. This may include: art, crafting, creative cooking, studying, or blogging. This may not include: cleaning, pointless IInternet searching, or reading fantasy novels. If I can't accomplish this task during her morning nap, I will try and do it after she has fallen asleep in the evening instead of watching tv. I am going to give myself one week for a trial period to see if this plan is a plausible reality.

3 comments:

Wifey said...

Of course, as soon as I published this post the baby woke up after only sleeping for twenty minutes...we'll see how it goes.

justacoolcat said...

I like the sounds of this "IInternet searching". Does it reveal boobies?

Wifey said...

JACC -- not the way I do it, but whatever floats your boat...