Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Day


Justacoolcat made this blog for me about a year ago, and it has taken me this long to create my first post. I have spent the last year deliberating about how I would use a blog if I ever got around to it. I would like to use this blog to display my art projects and dialogue with potential readers about my art, their art, and art in general. I am not a professional artist by any means, but I enjoy drawing, painting, scrapbooking, and making music. I'm hoping that these discussions will help generate ideas and stimulate the creative process.

A note on my creative process: I tend to be creative in spurts. This week, for instance, I have had the drawing itch. I've done a little drawing almost every day. I made the drawing above with my two-year-old nephew while we waited for Christmas dinner, using his glitter glue and construction paper. Another week I might be really into my scrapbook and think of nothing else. But then I might go a month or two without feeling very creative at all. A lot of it has to do with what's going on in my life at the time. I don't want to develop a guilt complex about my blog when I neglect it for a while, so for now I'm just going to say that I will post when I have something valuable to add to the Internets, otherwise I will leave it be.

Like most of my projects, this blog will probably develop a life of its own as it progresses. My ideas rarely turn out the way I expect them to, but usually I like the finished product just as well. The important thing is to keep at it until it's done.

Wifey

No comments: