Monday, December 25, 2006

Psalm 150


I drew this picture the other day in a fit of creative frenzy. I have a hard time with cray-pas as a medium. I feel like I am drawing with my thumbs--I have very little control over detail.


Also, I always over-estimate their blending capacity. There is probably at least five layers on the sky. I dismayed that I would ever make the sky look uniform in just the right color, but then it magically turned out. I'm thinking about taking it out of my sketch book and framing it. What do you think, a black frame with white matting?

4 comments:

fineartist said...

WIFEY, YOU HAVE A BLOG!

How frappin cool is that? I'll tell ya, pretty danged cool.

Wow-sa, I am so tickled.

Squeeeeeeeeeee!

Yes, yes, white matting, most definitely, and I knew it was oil pastels, damn I'm good. Hah.

Okay for a frame I would probably get one of those artsy clear glass frames so as not to detract from the piece.

Yep, separate it from the environment with a mat, but then have a frame that just covers it in glass to protect it and provide a way to hang it on the wall. I probably wouldn't put a frame with a frame on it. (Like the kind they carry at hob lob/hobby lobby) But that's just me. Make any sense?

It is an absolutely beautiful piece, and it's filled with movement and still gives a feeling of peace too, how'd you do that Lewis?

Art is layering, that's what I tell my kids.

xx, Lori

so tickled to find your bloggy blog blog...

Wifey said...

And I'm tickled that you are tickled. I like the glass frame idea. I'll have to look into it. I got a gift certificate to Michael's for Christmas and I can't wait to go on a crafting shopping spree.

fineartist said...

I love Micheals, I can spend an entire day there for sure.

And hobby lobby, and basically any kraft, art shop.

yep.

Wifey said...

It's amazing how they suck you in. I can spend hours picking out paints, paper, canvases, or whatever I am looking for. And then I spend just as long coveting the things that I know I can't afford. Number one art supply that I've always wanted but never could afford: an easel. Oh what wonders I could make with an easel. Also art tables are very tempting. Next time I have a few hundred dollars to spare...