Saturday, January 06, 2007

Jamaica



Last weekend I brought the photos for my next scrapbook in to get developed. Now that I've finished my wedding scrapbook, I need a new project. I'm going to make a scrapbook for our honeymoon, which was in Jamaica. I spent an hour in the photo shop picking out the pictures that I wanted to include. I also developed some five by seven photos for this frame we got as a wedding present. When I got the photos back I was astounded. We've had these pictures on oucomputers for the last year and a half, and many of you have seen them on Justacoolcat's website, but I was not expecting them to look this good on paper. Wow. My husband is really an amazing photographer. Didn't this frame turn out nice? I hung it up in the kitchen as soon as I got home.


As the week has progressed I have started on the first few pages of our honeymoon scrapbook. I love the new paper and tools I got at Michael's.


My work life has been pretty stressful lately, and it has meant a lot to me to be able to come home, relax next to the fireplace in the parlor, work with my hands and look at beautiful pictures. I wish I had a better way to present them online. They are 12X12 pages, so I can't scan them and capture the whole page. At least you can get an idea.

4 comments:

fineartist said...

Those matted and framed pics from your honeymoon are stunning, beautiful, you done good momma!

The scrap book page is cool as heck too.

Hey my daughter does scrap booking too, maybe I'll get her to bring her books over some time and put some of the pages up, they are so cute...

You creative girls give me chill bumps, and make me feel like painitng...wooo hooo, I just love to piddle in the paint.

xx, Lori

gina said...

beautiful pics. good way to preserve those memories...

have children- the scrapbooking never ends. i have 8 books now! no WAIT. enjoy each other for a long time first :) xox

Sassy said...

Oh wow I love your scrapbooks! I need to make me one from my trip to Europe. :)

Wifey said...

Lori -- I hope you are able to put up some pictures of your daughters scrap book. It will be interesting to see how she puts her pages together.

And get painting! Never pass up that nagging urge to make something beautiful.

Gina -- Thanks! I can't wait to start scrapbooking about my future kids. Wait, is it wierd that I'm pre-planning a memory book for people who do not exist yet?

Sassy -- Have you ever made a scrapbook before? It's so relaxing. You get to sit around and look at pictures of happy times, and at the same time you are creating something that you know you're going to be able to enjoy forever. Good luck getting started on your Europe trip.